Mariner of the Seas joined Royal Caribbean’s’ fleet in 2003. This 4,000 passenger ship has undergone many updates since her maiden voyage. Her most recent refurbishment occurred in 2018, granting her the most up-to-date bells and whistles. The Mariner is known for action-packed long weekend getaways and has been providing 3 and 4-night cruises from Port Canaveral since May 2019. Itineraries include Nassau and Royal Caribbean’s revamped private Bahamian island, Coco Cay. If you’ll be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, we’ve got a great ship overview, travel tips for before and after your cruise, and even a discount code to kick off your vacation right.
Mariner of the Seas – Ship Overview
Maiden Voyage: November 2003
Last Refurbishment: 2018
Size: 139,863 GT
#Guests: 4,000 (double occupancy)
Dates & itineraries:
Departure Months: Now through April 2021
Itineraries: 3 and 4 day Bahamas with stops at Nassau and Perfect Day at CocoCay
Mariner of the Seas is part of the Voyager class of ships from Royal Caribbean. In 2018, she received a $120 Million “amped up’ makeover as part of the Royal Amplified fleet modernization program. Newly added features included the Sky Pad bungee trampoline, The Perfect Storm waterslides, new food and beverage options, plus brand-new staterooms and suites.
Mariner of the Seas features a wide variety of accommodation options ranging from standard interior, ocean and balcony, unique rooms with views of the Royal Promenade and Panoramic rooms with floor to ceiling windows and some incredible suites.
Onboard dining offerings include the 3-level main dining room, casual eats in the Windjammer Marketplace, Café Promenade and the Boardwalk Dog House, plus specialty dining in Johnny Rockets, Chops Grille, Jamie’s Italian and Izumi Hibachi & Sushi.
You’ll be treated to a lineup of great performances in the Royal Theater, a spectacle on ice in Studio B and live music in venues around the ship.
There’s no time to get board on Mariner of the Seas. In addition to the newly added Sky Pad and waterslides, there’s also an escape room, glow-in-the-dark laser tag, ice skating, FlowRider surf simulator, a 9-hole mini golf course, sports court, rock climbing wall and fantastic programs for kids and teens.
Also Watch: Mariner of the Seas – Ultimate Cruise Ship Tour
Flying in for Your Cruise
If you’re flying in for your Port Canaveral cruise, selecting an airport is the first decision you’ll make. There are 3 Orlando Airports: Orlando Sanford (SFB), Orlando Melbourne (MLB), and Orlando International Airport (MCO). Out of the three, Orlando International Airport has the shortest travel time to Port Canaveral — making it the most popular choice among frequent cruisers. It’s 45-miles away, but with its direct highway access, it’ll take you just under an hour to get to your terminal.
Once your flight is booked, it’s time to figure out how you’re going to get to the port. If you’re arriving the day before, you’ll also need to plan a hotel stay in addition to arranging transportation. With GoPort.com, you can book everything all at once. Their packages are designed just for cruisers to help save planning time and money. Their Fly Snooze Cruise packages include a hotel stay, round-trip airport transportation, and transfers to your cruise terminal for every member of your party. The only thing left for you to do is pick from one of their hotel options featuring brand names you already trust — there’s over 30 to choose from! Curious about where other cruisers are staying? Below are GoPort.com’s top 3 Fly Snooze Cruise packages that other Mariner of the Seas cruisers are booking:
(1) Holiday Inn Orlando Airport: The newly-renovated Holiday Inn Orlando Airport is GoPort.com’s most popular Fly Snooze Cruise Package choice, among Mariner cruisers. This convenient option is located just 5 minutes away from the Orlando International Airport and has a restaurant on site open for every meal of the day. This package also includes an “Early to Cruise” shuttle time, meaning you’ll be among one of the first to arrive at your ship the next morning.
(2) Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport: The Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport is known for having consistent, quality lodging at an affordable price. So it’s no surprise that a majority of Mariner cruisers choose to stay here. GoPort.com’s Fly Snooze Cruise package at the Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport includes all the extras you need from a 24-hour airport shuttle to a complimentary hot buffet breakfast the morning of your cruise.
(3) Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach: If you have an early flight arrival and want to get in some beach time before your cruise, a popular choice for Mariner cruisers is GoPort.com’s Fly Snooze Cruise package at the Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach. It’s just 15 minutes from Port Canaveral and located right on Cocoa Beach, making this package the perfect pick to start your tropical vacation. Some of the Hilton’s top amenities include a heated outdoor pool with a sundeck and tiki bar, direct beach access, aquatic rentals, and an on-site restaurant and coffee bar.
If you’re skipping the hotel stay and flying in the morning of your cruise, you’ll want to have your transportation from the airport to the cruise port pre-arranged before your arrival. Ship departure days at the airport are some of the busiest with thousands of cruisers all needing transportation to Port Canaveral. So what’s the best option to get to your terminal? The most popular and stress-free option is shared shuttle service that runs from the airport to the cruise port.
In addition to the savings, you’ll avoid waiting in long lines for car rentals, taxi’s, and ride sharing services that will charge peak rates for this in demand busy time. GoPort.com is the leader in airport to cruise port shared shuttle transportation providing award winning service for less than ½ the price of the Cruise Lines. Simply book your ride ahead of time at GoPort.com and you’re all set. When you arrive at the airport, just check in at their counter and you’re ready to board. Relax and enjoy the ride in their luxury coaches that will bring you right up to your cruise terminal entrance.
Driving in for Your Cruise
If you’re driving in for your Mariner of the Seas cruise, it is highly recommended you plan to arrive to the area the day before your cruise departs to avoid any last-minute delays that could cause you to miss your ship’s boarding time. The best option is to book a package that includes the hotel stay, cruise parking, and transfers to and from your vehicle to your ship. GoPort.com offers Snooze Park Cruise packages that include everything you need for one low price. Want to know where other cruisers are staying? Below are GoPort.com’s top 3 Snooze Park Cruise packages that other Mariner of the Seas cruisers are booking:
(1) Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach: As previously mentioned, the Hilton Oceanfront is perfect for Mariner cruisers arriving early in the day and looking to enjoy some beach time before setting sail. With a family-friendly atmosphere, a variety of amenities, and the convenience of leaving your car right at the hotel for the duration of your cruise, it’s no surprise GoPort.com’s Snooze Park Cruise package at the Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach is a top pick.
(2) Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center: GoPort.com’s Snooze Park Cruise package at the Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center is another popular choice for Mariner cruisers, due to its close proximity to the Kennedy Space Center and the convenient location close to I95. Some of the top perks of this package are a complimentary hot buffet breakfast and the ability to leave your car right at the hotel while you’re on your cruise.
(3) Holiday Inn Orlando Airport: GoPort.com’s Snooze Park Cruise package at the Holiday Inn Orlando Airport is another favorite among Mariner cruisers, due to its convenient location for those traveling down I-75. With a heated outdoor pool and hot tub, sports courts, and an on-site restaurant and lounge — this package has plenty of amenities to keep cruiser’s entertained. You’ll also be able to park your vehicle in an off-site lot located just 10 minutes away from the port.
If you have a short drive and just need cruise parking, it’s important to understand how these rates are calculated. Knowing a few tips can help you can find the best option for your group. Most parking facilities advertise a pay-per-day rate and charge you for every calendar day your vehicle is parked. Seems pretty straight forward, but you may miss a key detail. Even though your cruise ship returns back to Port Canaveral early in the morning, you’ll still be charged for a full day of parking. On top of that, this pricing structure often comes with additional hidden fees and transfer charges that can make this type of cruise parking more expensive. So how can you avoid these unexpected costs?
When you book with GoPort.com, cruise parking is included with the price of transfers to and from your ship for one flat fee. This can add up to big savings. Their Port Canaveral parking facility is conveniently located just 10 minutes from the port and best of all, their shuttles will drop you off right at your Mariner of the Seas terminal entrance.
To book any of these packages, visit goport.com. For an extra 5% off your order, use code TALKINGCRUISE at checkout!