In 2012, the Carnival Breeze joined Carnival’s fleet of Fun Ships. Since her maiden voyage, this 4,891 passenger ship has been providing endless fun for all ages! In 2017, new eateries and cosmetic updates were incorporated, allowing her to remain a fan-favorite. The Breeze is an ultimate family cruise ship, packed with plenty of pools and play areas to enjoy. She’s been offering week-long cruises to Bermuda and the Caribbean from Port Canaveral since September 2018. If you’re planning to cruise on the Carnival Breeze out of Port Canaveral, we’ve got a ship overview, travel tips for before and after your cruise, and a discount code to kick off your vacation right.
Carnival Breeze – Ship Overview
Maiden Voyage: June 2012
Last Refurbishment: 2017
Size: 130,000 GT
#Guests: 4,891 (max occupancy)
Dates & itineraries:
Departure Months: Now through September 2020
Itineraries: 7 Day Eastern 7 Western Caribbean & Bermuda
Carnival Breeze offers quite a diverse complement of accommodations. Aside from the standard interior, ocean view and balcony rooms, you’ll also find rooms appealing to those on a budget, spa rooms offering special amenities and thermal suite access, plus spacious suites with unique layouts and features.
When you’re hungry onboard the Carnival Breeze, you don’t need to look or travel too far. Aside from the Main Dining Rooms and Buffet, guests can enjoy Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que, Blue Iguana Cantina, Guy’s Burger Joint, Mongolian Wok, Captain’s Pasta Bar and Pirate Pizza all included in the price. There are also several specialty dining venues including Bonsai Sushi, Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Seafood Shack and Cucina del Capitano.
The Carnival Breeze features production shows and Hasbro the Game Show in the Ovation Theater, the Punchliner Comedy Club and other live entertainment throughout the ship.
If you like to keep active, the Carnival Breeze has an amazing lineup of activities. Choose from guest favorites like the 4D Thrill Theater, Carnival WaterWorks with two awesome slides, the SportSquare complex featuring activities like billiards, cornhole and foosball, mini-golf, and the 230 foot Sky Course ropes course. There’s also the sports court, Camp Carnival kids club, Seuss at Sea programming and clubs for teens.
Choosing an Airport
If you’re flying in for your Port Canaveral cruise, selecting an airport is the first decision you’ll make. There are 3 Orlando Airports: Orlando Sanford, Orlando Melbourne, and Orlando International Airport. Out of all of them, The Orlando International Airport has the shortest travel time to Port Canaveral — making it the most popular choice among frequent cruisers. It’s 45-miles away, but with its direct highway access, you’ll arrive at your terminal in under an hour.
After booking your flight, you’ll need to decide how you’re getting to the port. Ship departure days at the airport are always busy, with thousands of cruisers needing a ride to Port Canaveral — meaning you’ll want to pre-arrange transportation before you land. So what’s the best option to get to your terminal?
A shared shuttle service is the easiest and most practical option. Besides saving money, you can avoid waiting in long lines for car rentals, taxis, and ride sharing services that charge peak rates for this in-demand time. GoPort.com is the leader in airport to cruise port shared shuttle transportation — known for their award-winning service that’s less than half the price of the cruise lines’. Simply book your ride ahead of time and GoPort will take care of the rest. When you arrive at the airport, you’ll just check in at their counter and in no time you’ll be on a luxury coach enjoying a relaxing ride to your terminal entrance.
If your flight lands the day before, or you decide to drive in a day early, you’ll need to plan a hotel stay in addition to arranging transportation and parking. With GoPort.com, you can book everything all at once. Their hotel packages are designed to help cruisers save planning time and money. For cruisers flying in, GoPort.com’s Fly Snooze Cruise packages include a hotel stay, round-trip airport transportation, and transfers to your ship for every member of your party. Whereas their Snooze Park Cruise packages are ideal for cruisers driving in from anywhere — complete with a hotel stay, cruise parking, and transfers to your ship. The only thing left for you to do, is pick from one of their Orlando or Port Canaveral hotel options featuring brand names you already trust. There’s over 30 to choose from!
Curious about where other cruisers are staying? Here are GoPort.com’s top 5 cruise hotel packages that other Carnival Breeze cruisers are booking:
(1) Holiday Inn Orlando Airport: The newly-renovated Holiday Inn Orlando Airport is GoPort.com’s most popular Fly Snooze Cruise package choice among Carnival Breeze cruisers flying in. It’s located just 5 minutes from the Orlando International Airport and includes all airport and cruise port transfers. This hotel has a restaurant on site that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With a heated outdoor pool, hot tub, sports courts, and an on-site restaurant and lounge — this package has plenty of amenities to keep cruiser’s entertained. For cruisers driving down I-75, it’s also a convenient Snooze Park Cruise hotel option on your way to the port. Cruise parking and transfers are included in this package at GoPort’s parking facility located just 10 minutes from Port Canaveral.
(2) Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport: The Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport, just 4 minutes from the Orlando International Airport, is another favorite for Carnival Breeze cruisers booking a Fly Snooze Cruise package through GoPort.com. Airport transportation and cruise transfers are included in this package as well as a complimentary hot buffet breakfast. There’s also an outdoor pool and hot tub. For cruisers driving down I-75, this is another great Snooze Park Cruise hotel option on your way to the port. Cruise transfers and cruise parking and are also included in this package at GoPort’s parking facility located just 10 minutes from Port Canaveral.
(3) Marriott Lakeside Orlando Airport: Available exclusively for those flying in, GoPort.com’s Fly Snooze Cruise package at the Marriott Lakeside Orlando Airport is a top hotel option given its close proximity to the airport. Carnival Breeze cruisers also love taking advantage of the unique outdoor amenities, including an indoor and outdoor pool with cabanas, a hot tub, poolside bar, lakeside deck, hammocks, and a fire pit. There’s also a 24/7 market serving quick-serve bites and caffeinated drinks as well as an American-fare restaurant where lunch and dinner can be purchased. All airport and cruise port transfers are included in this package.
(4) Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach: It’s no surprise GoPort.com’s Snooze Park Cruise package at the Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach is a top pick for Carnival Breeze cruisers driving in. This hotel has direct beach access, making it a perfect escape for those looking to enjoy some fun in the sun before setting sail. Some of the Hilton’s top amenities include a heated outdoor pool with a sundeck and tiki bar, aquatic rentals, and an on-site restaurant and coffee bar.
(5) Best Western Titusville: GoPort.com’s Snooze Park Cruise exclusive package at Best Western Titusville is another popular choice for Carnival Breeze cruisers, due to its convenient location off of I-95. Some of the top perks of this package are a complimentary hot buffet breakfast, an outdoor pool, as well as close proximity to the Kennedy Space Center. Cruise transfers and cruise parking and are also included in this package at GoPort’s parking facility located just 10 minutes from Port Canaveral.
If you have a short drive and just need cruise parking, it’s important to understand how rates are calculated before finding the best option for your group. Most parking facilities advertise a pay-per-day rate and charge you for every calendar day your vehicle is parked. Seems straight-forward, but even though your cruise ship returns back to Port Canaveral early in the morning, you’ll still be charged for a full day of parking at these facilities.
On top of that, this pricing structure often comes with additional hidden fees and transfer charges that could result in unexpected costs. How can you avoid these unexpected costs? When you book with GoPort.com, cruise parking is included with the price of transfers to and from your ship for one flat fee. This can add up to big savings. Located just 10 minutes from Port Canaveral, GoPort’s parking facility is paved and lighted with shuttles that will drop you off right at your Carnival Breeze terminal entrance.
To book any of these packages, visit goport.com. For an extra 5% off your order, use code TALKINGCRUISE at checkout!