In April 2018, Independence of the Seas will undergo a multi-million refurbishment bringing new features, activities, dining and even new staterooms.
While Independence of the Seas will be receiving many of the same upgrades her sister Freedom-Class ships Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas received in recent dry docks, there are other new features inspired from other ships in the fleet.
Independence of the Seas Revitalization
Here’s what we know is coming so far.
- Escape Room – Sometimes when you’re on vacation, you can feel your mind slowing down, becoming more relaxed. This is great, and a sign of an amazing cruise, but there’s no harm in getting your brain to pick up speed and start getting back to reality. This is where our brand-new Escape Room comes in! Put your brain to the test, and complete the puzzles to try and make it out on time. Think you can do it?
- Izumi – Don’t miss Izumi, the exotic Asian-inspired dining experience where chefs cook tableside on real Teppanyaki.
- Laser Tag – As if sailing the seas, visiting new and incredible destinations wasn’t enough of an adventure, we’ve just gone and added Laser Tag! Duck, dive, and zap your way to victory – will you be the ship’s champion?
- Panoramic Staterooms – Get ready to be floored by wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling ocean views in our stunning new Panoramic Ocean View staterooms. Soak up the magnificent feeling of standing on the bridge of the ship and watch the sunset over the coastline, all from the privacy of your own amazing room.
- Splashaway Bay – Little cruisers will find big gallons of fun at the all-new, bigger and better aqua park, Splashaway Bay.
- Trampoline Park – Never before seen at sea, we are so excited for our trampoline park to be opened. Practice your somersaults and split jumps to really impress your fellow guests.
- Waterslides – We all know that one of the most exciting activities to take part in on our ships, are the pools. Now, you can make your Independence holiday even more wild, with our new waterslides! It’s time to make a splash, in more ways than one.
Following her revitalization in April 2018, Independence of the Seas will sail late Spring and Summer 2018 from Southampton, England to destinations across Europe. In the Fall, following a 14-Night Transatlantic voyage, Independence of the Seas will sail 4 & 5-Night Western Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale, Florida through April 2019 .