Royal Caribbean has announced details on the massive $165 Million transformation of Allure of the Seas coming in 2020. As part of Royal Caribbean’s $1 Billion “Royal Amplified” program to modernize their existing fleet, Allure of the Seas will receive major changes to many areas throughout the ship.
Following her 58 day dry dock from March through April 2020, the Amplified Allure of the Seas will debut on May 10th, with a series of 7-night Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona Spain throughout the Summer. In November 2020, Allure of the Seas will reposition back to the United States and commence sailing from Miami on alternating 7-night Eastern & Western Caribbean itineraries.
Many of the Allure of the Seas Caribbean itineraries will include a stop at Royal Caribbean’s recently revitalized private island of Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Guests booked on Allure of the Seas Europe and Caribbean itineraries starting May 10, 2020 will experience the following enhancements:
Whether the moment calls for thrills or relaxation, vacationers sailing on the amplified Allure of the Seas can test their courage or sit back at the Pool and Sports Zone neighborhood that will now tout the perfect family day out. Feature highlights include:
- The 10-story Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea
- The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell
- Splashaway Bay kids aquapark, featuring twin drench buckets, three waterslides, fountains, pools, water cannons and a Splash Pad for tots
- Reimagined pool deck, complete with The Lime & Coconut signature bar across two locations, a wider variety of seating and shade with cabana-like “casitas,” daybeds, hammocks and swing seats; new whirlpools on the top deck, and a reinvigorated, adults-only Solarium
- All-new Adventure Ocean, where younger kids can choose their own immersive adventures across an entirely new layout. The major makeover will bring to life interactive, personalized and unexpected activities and features in areas redesigned from top to bottom, including whimsical rooms with climbable creations at Play Place, hands-on art, science and tech fun at Workshop; friendly competition in physical, interactive games at Arena; the Hangout, to chill and make new friends over gaming consoles or sit back for some quality “me” time, AO Babies for babies and tots, and experiential activities at the multipurpose AO Junior space specially designed for 3- to 5-year-olds
- Maxed-out teen spaces, debuting a 360-degree transformation, with a secret speakeasy-like entrance leading into an exclusive lounge with gaming consoles, music, movies, places to hang out and a new outdoor deck
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag in Clash for the Crystal City and Royal Escape Room – Apollo 18: Lunar Landing, an out-of-this-world expedition that challenges guests to solve puzzle after puzzle before time runs out
New Dining Experiences
Allure will deliver an array of culinary possibilities with more restaurants, casual spots and bars joining the already-diverse offering of specialty and complimentary options.
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, a new take on a guest-favorite, will offer the beloved family-style, rustic dining experience with an enhanced menu of Italian staples, complete with hand-tossed pizza from the new in-house pizza oven, an expansive charcuterie station and a wide selection of wines and limoncellos
- Portside BBQ will serve up a menu inspired by popular barbecue styles across the United States, including brisket, pulled pork, chicken, burnt ends, mac and cheese, homestyle cornbread and more
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade for gameday watch parties on big-screen TVs, tournaments, bar bites with a twist and ice-cold brews
- El Loco Fresh, featuring casual Mexican “street fare”
- Sugar Beach, the sweetest spot on board with more than 220 types of candy and ice cream
- Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr, manned by two robot bartenders shaking up classic cocktails and custom orders
Reimagined Hot Spots
After a day of exploring iconic destinations and channeling their inner adventurer, guests can go out for a “night on the town” and find new venues added to the nightlife offered on board.
- Music Hall, a Quantum Class favorite, will take live music to the next level with revolving setlists and cover bands, ample lounge seating on two levels and room to rock out on the dance floor
- Spotlight Karaoke, the dedicated karaoke bar with both main stage and private room experiences will feature thousands of songs to choose from, music trivia and themed nights
Many of these same updates Allure of the Seas is receiving will also be completed onboard sister ship Oasis of the Seas this Fall before she returns from Europe back to the United States.
More details can be found by visiting Royal Caribbean’s Website